Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: computer help, please?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I had to reformat our PC the other day.
    and now, it just re-starts out of the blue...
    any ideas?

    I don't get an error message or anything, just a reboot... [img]confused.gif[/img]

    XP Pro, if that matters...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    A friend of mine had a similar problem after reinstalling, and it was related to fan needing to be replaced.

    I believe then when the fan is not working properly, and the PC overheats, it shuts off automatically. Basically it trips.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    my fans "seem" to working okay...
    but I wouldn't really know.
    I'll get that looked at. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Tr3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    1,280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Preekers: It could be voltage fluctuations. Make sure the comp uses a surge protector or battery backup shit. Also do not share the outlet with big energy-eaters like air-cons. If it doesn't help, try this...

    "Win XP and Win 2000 have a default setting to restart at just about any error. It makes things difficult to analyze when it blows through and restarts the computer. Settings / Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings. Make sure the box is UNCHECKED where it says "Automatically Restart" under System Failure."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    okay, now when it croaks, I get an "IRQL -not less or equal" message...
    any ideas? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    will do... [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DARTH POOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    3,327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I'm glad there's folks here who can help you out Peeks..cuz' well...I'm a computer idiotmulti idiot

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was surprised I managed to reformat the damn thing myself... [img]eek.gif[/img]
    got lucky, I guess. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Tr3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    1,280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. Your anit-virus software (if you have any) needs upgraded drivers or at least Windows-certified shit that will not conflict with Windows. or

    2. Something is loose inside your machine. A CPU fan perhaps? or

    3. Update your drivers. or

    4. Update your drivers. I already said that, haven't I? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Cross your fingers, man. Good luck.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member grifterR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2004
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had the same problem with my puter, so I fixed it the easiest way I know. I unplugged the damn thing and use my laptop now. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •